Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
Novice EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
Novice EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Novice EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
Novice EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
Novice EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
Novice EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
Novice EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
Novice EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
Novice EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
Novice EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

Novice

2 posters

:: Eden

Go down

Novice Empty Novice

Post by Cain Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:06 pm

It was difficult to track, sometimes. Not difficult enough that it went unnoticed for too long, for they hardly kept their presence contained long once they gained their powers. "They" referred to mortals who had by chance become Gods. While rare... it did happen on occasion. It happened often enough that there were provisions for it, at least, which is better than there being no set way to handle the situation. Mortals and Gods alike shouldn't be punished for their innate power. Rather than 'break' the mortal back down to scale, they welcomed the mortal into there fold. Of course there were gods who felt superior, being born or in some cases made Gods. Evolving into a God was an entirely different matter to them.

Cain was not of their mind. The Dread God stood silently in the realm of Eden, contemplating developments that seemed to be occurring rapidly after the wake of the Dissident War. Of course it was foolish to assume that such an event was the cause, but Cain saw it as a sign that the universe was moving again. It happened. Periods of increased activity. Sometimes centuries would pass without anything significant, sometimes it would only be minutes. In the month since the Dissident War ended, many interesting things had began to come to light, but none so more interesting than the development with Twilight and Alexander. At least, none until now, and a mere few days later.

He felt a tremor, as though power had began to inhabit a space and form it had not prior. His curiosity was stirred, but he was resolute in his stance. He merely waited for when he would need to intervene in this new, powerful God's affairs. This was something he did often in such cases. Cain kept distance until it was time to act. And when the time to act came, the action was swift. Unlike interfering in mortal affairs, The Void had no politics to it. Damage was not measured in lives or matter, but in creation. If it came down to subduing this new 'god', Cain would do so swiftly.
Cain
Cain
God

https://genesisproject.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Novice Empty Re: Novice

Post by Basel Akin Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:10 pm

As if the corridor was always present, the fabric of the void had forcefully been opened by a foreign device. A red trolley, of typical size, which emerged from the entrance, came to a screeching halt as it entered the void. Inside, at the wheel, there was a rather large goblin, comforting the machine.

"Sh, sh, sh." He purred, attempting to let the machine settle within this new existence. It was an interesting device, typically taking someone where they needed to be, not where they wanted to go. Unfortunately, it had issues with timing. The person could be needed in the future, or could have been needed in the past, and the trolley would mistakenly take them to wherever they had gone.

Luckily, the relationship between it and Basel Akin, it's new pilot, had been much more intimate. He had an understanding of the trolley that most could not typically comprehend. He had earned its respect, as a traveler, and could take the control of the machine and go where he wanted, but he typically didn't. There were few times where he needed to control it in the past, but recently this dynamic had changed.

As he emerged out of his most recent conflict, with power he had not recently been capable of, he was invited into Godhood. Unfortunately, due to this being the first path having been carved for the trolley, it had taken quite a lot out of it. An adjustment time was necessary and, while it was resting, he would be able to the explore the previously untraversed void.

He exited the machine, as it began to calm down, and stepped out in his typical garbs. He had been an adventurer and his attire suited him well. However, he left most of his heavier gear within the transport, for safety and practicality.

Was there a point in carrying a lantern?

As he looked around, he come across another. Perfect. Perhaps he could be shown the ropes. The book he carried with him could only tell him so much, for existence and protocol varied between paper and practice.

As went over and stood next to him, looking ominously over the realm, he began, "Tall, dark, and cloaked," pausing only to peek, to see if there was a reaction. "I bet you're a ladies man." He finished, breaking the ice with some observatory humor.

He opened his book and flipped through the pages, unsure if he'd be graced with a reply from this stoic force.
Basel Akin
Basel Akin
Trolley Man Envoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:15 pm

A long time ago, during a time when Cain was still a mere experiment to a demon's clutches, his family had a saying they adhered too. "Talk of the Devil, and he's presently at your elbow." The phrase was commonly seen as a way to acknowledge that speaking or thinking of events would tempt Fate to cause them. He said this phrase as he recalled it, casting a gaze at the new individual. The man's words had elicited a slight smirk, but Cain's face remained hidden behind the cloak and thus the smile would go unseen. Those acidic eyes would bore into the newcomer, and he would greet the individual in a manner more proper than repeating a common phrase.

The large man in the cloak turned towards the man with a book and trolly, approaching him slowly. "I often keep distance from the newcomers until it becomes apparent that I must intervene. Now, one has instead found me." The cloak rose, and a massive, pale hand extended itself from a sleeve. "Welcome to Godhood." He noted the man's book, and certainly the man saw his eyes fall upon it.
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Basel Akin Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 pm

The way the man spoke was unnaturally poetic -- cryptic even. Was this the result of a millennia of experience or was he the type to be pretentious? Perhaps neither were mutually exclusive and he had been stained with a bit of both.

The Goblin shook the man's hand, despite the size difference, his hand not being freakishly small in comparison. Compared to the typical anatomy of the human, the end of his appendages were larger in proportion, but he doubted this would affect the being. He seemed well versed, and studied, in the behavior of the universe; the perfect teacher.

But perhaps even teachers had questions. It was clear that the giant before him, not to be confused with an actual Giant, was curious about the book in hand. After letting go of the God's hand, he flashed a cheesy smile. He was proud with what this tool offered him, especially when working with the other artifacts at his disposal.

"Interested?" He asked, wondering if the man knew what the pages were. He would offer the book to the man, who would see the contents.

The artifact was an interesting device. If given information, Basel could transfer it to this novel, even if he hadn't yet digested it, but he would only be able to read it through the scope that was on his head. The scope located the knowledge and placed it in the book. And, currently, the book held information on his Godhood.

The artifact also had a system to protect itself, letting only authorized users of information read what was on the pages. If a mortal read the pages, they would be blank and instead act as an organizational tool for their own mind, which was the book's second feature.

It could help you locate information within your own mind, but all at once. This, again, made the scope on his head more precious, allowing him to search for knowledge and allowing him to sift through all excessive distractions within his own mind. Considering he was a being of curiosity, he found this devices particularly helpful during his adventures and exploration.

He hoped the God would discover these two features and appreciate it the way he did. He was somewhat proud for being able to collect the artifact, but he was more proud of the artifact's abilities, hoping that the other God could appreciate it, as if it were a fine piece of art.
Basel Akin
Basel Akin
Trolley Man Envoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Cain's hand gingerly grasp the tome offered, and he brought it to his face for examination. It was an old book, worn from the ages, but yet held something special inside of it. Cain then closed his eyes and those corrosive portals ceased to be in the darkness of his hood. He clutched the book almost as though it were an old friend that he had not seen in years, yet gave no outward indication of such affection. Cain had understood the book as quickly as he had grasped it. "Many mortals," Cain began, "lack the capacity to perceive what we do." He opened the booking, looking upon its pages as they cycled with knowledge. "We can see the contents of this book. It's scope does not escape us. If a mortal became able to read it..." He looked at the Goblin-turned-God.

"I'm not entirely sure that they could handle the information this book will contain in time. They'd either go mad, or become Gods themselves." He placed an hand on the books pages, seemingly doing nothing. In actuality he was imbuing some of his knowledge into the book. "That's not an issue. The mortals that would be able to read this are few and far between. If it weren't that the language was incomprehensible to them, it would be that the nature of the book prevents their eyes from seeing the contents." He shut it gently, and offered it back to the man. "It is truly a wondrous vessel, and will contain the knowledge of the Omniverse in time. Likely, it will hold all of these things due to your hand." 

Cain had instilled within the book an understanding of 'selves', among other things. He wasn't certain of what this... Trolley Goblin had learned yet, as his Godhood has so far, been decidedly brief.
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Basel Akin Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Definitely pretentious, he confirmed to himself, with a little smirk. The pretentious wasn't inherently negative, considering he was a god. He took the book back, after the man had closed it, placing it at his side once more.

"Sooo," He said, kicking his feet and leaning back, just a bit. "My name is Basel." He introduced, moving the conversation forward. "Are we all supposed to be ominous and cryptic or does that just happen over time?" He asked, awkwardly, unsure how to present the situation.

He wanted to interact a bit more and understand what was expected of him as a god. Would he no longer be able to travel between worlds? We he be forced to stand here for eternity watching the adventures of others? He was unsure if he was capable of such a task, considering he wasn't one to create a dimension, nor did he want to take over someone else's.

Even now, he wanted freedom, but would he have it? Even the illusion would be nice, but who knew what was the come? Perhaps there wasn't a difference between a prisoner and a warden.
Basel Akin
Basel Akin
Trolley Man Envoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

"Basel," Cain repeated, bowing his head slightly. A name befitting a Goblin, he supposed, though they did have varying names across all of reality. From the unpronounceable to the obvious and plain, names at this point were just a formality, no more indicative of an individual than a simple pronoun save for rare circumstance. "I am Cain," replied the Dread God as the man reclined, observing his movements as he did so. "Pardon my manner of speaking if it causes you discomfort," Cain assured. "There are many different Gods, with many different ways of conducting speech and business both. I have little need for joviality," he explained, "while other Gods seem to laugh and celebrate more any mortal I have met." 

He shot a knowing glance at Basel. "There is often a concern among newborns that they gain their power at the cost of their liberty, finding that despite their new abilities to move reality they are unable to do much with, or fear terrible drawbacks should they attempt to have the freedom they were used to as mortals. "Be wary of the nature of cages," Cain warned. "Those with freedom have a duty to those that do not. The guards of a prison and it's prisoners are all part of the same society. Prisoners are confined to cages. Guards are confined to their posts." His gaze shifted left. "A God must seek out knowledge. One-hundred thousand years after my birth, and occasionally I still find something knew. My knowledge is imperfect."

He settled his gaze back onto Basel. "I have no need to intervene in your affairs. You are newborn. You have not done something yet worthy of praise or vilification." Cain once more glances at the Goblin's book. "And your book still needs to be filled out, does it not? Seek knowledge as you should, little one. It is in the nature of all children to learn."
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Basel Akin Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Cain spewed some important information, which the goblin appreciated, considering his natural concerns had been preemptively responded to. Luckily, the fellow god chose to support his quest for knowledge. Despite this, there were still certain concerns on his mind that weren't addressed. Instead, they worried him further, considering the metaphor used.

"What would be my 'post'? Am I assigned a dimension? Do I take on any I choose to watch. Is there a minimum or maximum required? Where are the other gods? Where can I meet them? Do we have tea parties or social gatherings of that sort? " He asked, rapid fire, not intending each to get answered directly, but instead giving a general feel for the type of information he wanted the more experienced of the two to rant on.

The goblin was curious in nature, so while some may find Cain unbearable to talk to, because he wasn't the easiest to converse with, Basel enjoyed the seemingly endless knowledge he had.
Basel Akin
Basel Akin
Trolley Man Envoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Cain greeted the onslaught of questions with great patience, staring down at the young God with the same expression that he had kept throughout the encounter. "All in time," Cain replied, "though, a position is opening up soon due to a failure. The only gods who have selected the worlds they watch are the ones older than the Basic Order Doctrine. Now, we place Gods in predetermined positions. It's less flexible, but the function is adequate. The regions Gods typically overlook are beyond massive and ripe for exploration. There will be an adjustment period for you, once that finally happens."

"And of course, there are millions of other Gods. We are quite plentiful, despite the fact that we never reproduce. Though, that may be because our numbers only grow, never shrink. You may encounter them on your journeys and some gods never become rulers of worlds at all, or rule them jointly. As for social gatherings..." The Dread God's expression drifted only slightly before refocusing. "Long ago, the Gods gathered and discussed their realms. Now, such gatherings are rare are best. The only gatherings that still happen are the trials, like the one that has been going on for some time."
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Basel Akin Thu May 01, 2014 5:08 pm

"Well, let's hope I never find myself in a position where I have to rule a dimension, eh?" He said, completely aware that he might seem the type to shirk responsibility. "I'm willing to help gods in their dimensions, but one of my own? No, thanks. I'd rather not be tied down." He rambled, playing to Cain's talkativeness, in kind.

Cain seemed the the type to brood alone, quite a bit. He felt obligated to keep him company, especially since they were quite different in both personality and stature. "Well, I'm off now. Time to go adventure, before the chains of duty find themselves in need of a new prisoner."

He would walk to his trolley, entering it, and as the door closed, he would flash a large grin. Sometimes, smiles and friendliness were all that people needed to make their day a bit better. Even the bullied goblins responded kindly to their kin treating them nicely. At least, they enjoyed his presence, since he could mediate them, without using his size or power to bully them himself.
Basel Akin
Basel Akin
Trolley Man Envoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Cain would not interrupt the man leaving, and as he got in his trolly and smiled at Cain, beneath the hood Cain softly returned the smile. That attitude is so similar to Ryuu's, Cain thought. One to intervene, not to watch.
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Eden

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum