Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
A Peaceful Beginnings EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

A Peaceful Beginnings

4 posters

Go down

A Peaceful Beginnings Empty A Peaceful Beginnings

Post by Artless_Artist Thu May 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Heldain. The Capital of a Kingdom Nameless had thought she would have never seen...at least on neutral terms. Call it being attached to the past; but she often wondered quietly to herself about what could have been, had she had done things differently. Would she become a General? What if she hadn't changed her personality while she was in prison? where would she had been? She shook her head out of these thoughts, letting out a quiet scoff. She felt something inside her mind surface; if only briefly. Thinking about these things won't exactly enable us to change it, now will it? her conscious told her, to which she mentally waved it off. It was right, of course; Thinking about things like that led to more thinking. And, more thinking led to rash decisions, or even a lack thereof; which was bad in her line of business. 

But, looking back on what exactly she was doing here; she was looking for work, as well as a blacksmith; one of her earlier jobs cost her that short dagger she often tucked inside her boot. Navigating around the controlled chaos that was the market; her unfamiliarity with the Kingdom leaving her to search for something that could point to a blacksmith.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

A Peaceful Beginnings Empty Re: A Peaceful Beginnings

Post by Kent Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 pm

CRASH. CRASH. CRASH.

His hammer hit the red hot steel, twisting it.

CRASH. CRASH. CRASH.

Again, his hammer connected, sparks flying. The metal quickly forming into it's determined shape. The one armed blacksmith brought his hammer with great force down upon the metal until he brought a hand to his brow and wiped off a layer of sweat. With a leather gloved hand he grabbed a pair of metal clamps and grabbed the red hot sword, dumping it quickly into a barrel of water and his entire place of work filled with steam, clearing slowly as he placed the finished product down and removed his apron and glove, taking a seat on one of his workbenches.

He rubbed his armless shoulder and surveyed his second home. A open source shop, with the front having a single table of marble to place items on, leading to an open wall into the street, no door or windows just a welcome to the world. However there was an extremely large and heavy metal door that could be used to close the place off. In the back was his work area and furnace, so even people simple passing by could see him work. On either side of his work areas the walls were covered in swords, shields, armor and various weapons he had created. He even had a candy jar at the front of the shop underneath the marble table for the little children that run about these parts.

The steam from his latest creation finished flowing out into the street and then the sky, and he grabbed a waterskin, drenching himself. The water poured through his hair and over his large and muscular form, cooling him down and making a slight amount of steam come off of him as well. He hopped off the table and stretched, grabbing a towel wandering to just outside his shop, waving to a woman as she passed. He flung the towel over his shoulder and motioned some kids over, pointing them to his marble table and letting them dig into his candy.
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 pm

After a couple of minutes of searching; she heard the familiar ring of a hammer on a blade. scanning the crowd while she listened; she noticed an open shop, with a marble counter-top. as she walked towards it; she noticed a man outside what she believed to be the shop; motioning children over to a jar that she noticed was full of candy.

Carrying herself over there, she approached the man with a smile; not that he could see it. although she had her hood down, the cloth over her face was still there. "Good day to you, friend." Nameless said; offering a hand. "Is that the blacksmith's shop, behind you?" she asked, waiting for him to reply.

She noticed quite a few things about him, though; Especially his stump of an arm. she thought it was curious, although she didn't let it appear on her face; she didn't want to offend the male by pointing it out, but from what she spied from the market, it obviously wasn't that much importance. He was taller than her, and far more muscular; possibly due to extreme amounts of labor.

He also shared a bit of the tan that she did, but his was considerably darker than hers. she continued to glance the man down; attempting to be discreet about it.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Thu May 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Kent turned to the slightly shorter woman and smiled, "Good day to you M'lady." He took her hand in a firm shake and kept his smile as he motioned her into the shop as he walked back in, shooing the kids away as they skipped off laughing with mouths full of sweets. "Yes, this is my shop." He leaned down and rested his arm on the marble table across from her and looked her straight in the eye. He knew immediately from her eyes what she was. She either is, or was like his tribe. Ruthless warriors of fate and fortune. Yet, it was not his place to judge and that was his past and hopefully hers also, as much as one could try and keep that in their past.

"What do you need? Equipment made? Fixed?" He smirked and flashed her another smile, "Or are you going to make it boring and just buy something off the shelves. I carry an assortment of default weapons for those who cannot afford more custom made steel." He picked himself back up to his full height. Most of what was on his walls were for sale, actually all but one piece. Above his furnace was a six and a half foot long broadsword, masterfully crafted and Kent's personal weapon.

Once they were inside the actual shop, one would begin to feel hot wearing as little as Kent with the furnace fires blazing. For someone like the stranger she would be hit much harder. "I do request you remove that abhorred hood and mask however. Such a thing will only make you needlessly hot in here." He said while moving his stump as if motioning to her with his ghost limb.
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Fri May 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Nameless let herself be led into the shop; looking around at all of the material, all well-made…possibly cheap. Of course; she wasn’t looking for cheap, she was looking for usefulness and durability. Her attention was brought back to him, when he asked a question; asking if she needed equipment worked on, and that she did. “Repaired; A simple short dagger. I would also like to make it a bit more durable, if this isn’t too much to ask.” As she asked that, she noticed a blade; lovingly crafted and mantled, possibly being an important sword; to the blacksmith, or someone else.

When he asked if she could remove the hood and cloth; she was, at first, reluctant. But then she nodded an affirmative, as the man did have a point; her black cloak and cloth would only prove to be a nuisance in the shop. She dug into her cloak for the pieces, revealing two pieces of metal; the short dagger that she wanted repaired. It was broken rather nastily, shattered in two with a diagonal break.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Fri May 16, 2014 8:56 pm

The Kingdom of Heldain. A magnificent place, clean, bright, a bastion of prosperity and wholesomeness. The royal knights looking resplendent in their shining armour, though perhaps a little red faced in the heat. They stood as stark contrast to the leather clad traveller, a cloaked and cowled figure riding a large Greltz into a small city in the great country. Dismounting his companion Dren drops the reins, signalling for Dancer to stay put. Dren walked into the town, nodding to the men gaurding the gate, pulling back his hood and cowl, smiling at them reassuringly. No self respecting bandit would reveal his presence to the guard if he intended to do something illegal, thus Dren effectively took away any suspicion from himself.

The Bounty Hunter strolled through the city, which he had stepped foot in prior, however last time was for business. This time however he was following a rumour to it's source. It was said through the proper circles that a smith of some impressive capabilities resided within this town. Dren's curiousity had been roused by these tales, enough for him to personally make a visit to this otherwise backwater village, in order to verify the authenticity of these claims.

Approaching the market Dren has to jump to the side, as a group of children rush past, their faces beaming and sticky from the ingestion of too many sweets. Dren smiles lightly, and progresses further into the market. Of course, he didn't know where the smithy was, at currently he couldn't hear the distinctive ringing of hammer and anvil. He paused at a market stall, asking for directions to the blacksmiths where abouts. The woman behind the stall smiled companiably, and pointed to a large open fronted building near the opposite end of the market place. Dren smiled and thanked her, tossing her a small coin for her troubles.

Approaching the Smithy Dren can hear voices from within, and realizes that the man already has a customer. Dren shrugs and enters the metal workers shop, rapping a knuckle on the frame as he enters, smiling lightly at the pair within. ”Pardon my intrusion, but I've travelled far following a rumour about an exceptional blacksmith. By any chance are either of you the owner of this establishment?”

Ieltra/Valen

Birthday : 1994-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Fri May 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Ken picked up the two pieces of steel and examined them, feeling their weight and checking out the break in the steel. "A break like this will take time and work, but I couldn't call myself a true smith if I couldn't do it. It won't be exactly cheap though, it's hard to come back from something like this. Four silvers pieces will do." Just as he reached under the table and pulled out a leather cloth to wrap the dagger in another entered his shop, his time a man. He asked if this was a rumored blacksmithing shop and all Kent did was give him a big thumbs up as he finished wrapping up the steel and he placed it on a workbench beside his furnace. Turning back around he addressed the nameless woman, "I shall be done by tomorrow night."

Now he addressed the man, "Yep, my name is Kent and this is my shop. What do you need?" He asked, looking the man over. He was also a warrior of fortune, but clearly had no means of criminal activity. Generally one does not openly display his face for fear of consequences. Still, work was work. He again switched focus, awaiting the reply on the woman. He made sure to make them both feel welcome and wanted. They were his guests, but if the other needed work now he would need to go get supplies from his cottage outside of the city.
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Fri May 16, 2014 10:18 pm

After listening to the man’s assessment of the damage; as well as the timeframe, he asked for a price. She nodded, moving her hand to her cloak, and; searching for something, produced 5 gold pieces. “Here. I asked for something extra in the blade; and I’d assume it’d cost a little more, and Time isn’t really a worry for me.” She stated. As she turned to leave, she noticed a man approach the two with a small smile on his face and a question on hand. She pointed to him, and listened as the man (now known as Kent) greeted him.

Looking at the man, he did have a similar feel that she had to herself; one of money and jobs. Perhaps this would be a time to ask him if he knew where any Jobs could be found. Waiting for a bit of silence, she looked at him with a straight gaze. “You look like the sort who knows where a Mercenary might find some jobs.” She queried; not much caring that her status as a mercenary was known. She was actually known for being quite picky in her Hires, as her Moral Compass still functioned decently.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Dren stepped further into the shop, and noted the one armed nature of this particular blacksmith. Though, he also noticed the immense muscles the man had, and it lent credibility to his claim. Dren drew his sword, and held in out to the smith resting across the palms of his hands. The blade had been nicked, scratched, chipped and dented, to the point where even having taken it to a whetstone, or a grindstone even, Dren could not maintain the weapon. He was many things, but blacksmith did not number among those things.

"I'm looking for someone's professional opinion. The blade means very little to me, holding no sentimental value, but if possible to repair that would preferable, as the grip is already custom fit for my hand. If it needs a full overhaul I have no complaints. If you can do this I wish to formally sign a contract with you, since I have been searching for longer than I like to admit to find a proficient blacksmith."

That Said Dren turned his attention the woman present, and inclined his head in her direction. When questioned about mercenary work the man's eyebrow shot up. Not frequently was he asked about that sort of thing, as it was rare that he himself partook in Merc work, as he called it. Shrugging Dren shook his head. "'Fraid not, I don't normally socialize with those in you're particular line of work, Though I'm sure someone in the city would have a notice board pinned up, with the usual assortment of criminals and riffraff."

Almost as an afterthought Dren drew his daggers and lay them next to his sword, which he had laid on one of the smiths many workbenches. He examined the edges of the curved blades, and found them lacking. "Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to get these professionally sharpened, or at the very least a new whetstone."

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Fri May 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Kent reached into her hand and took only one gold piece, "This will more than cover the charge, and I will not steal from you when I know what I am doing is not worth 5 gold." He put the coin in a bag on his belt and took the weapon and examined it on one of his tables, looking at it as the two had their conversation. After the two were done he looked up and, took the two other daggers also and gave them a quick look. The daggers could be easily resharpened, but the sword was in ill shape and needed to be reshaped, and he shouldn't need to weaken the steel by any measurable amount.

"I can do all of this by tomorrow night also, the morning after at most. Price should be only two silver." He rubbed his stump, his pains starting to act backup again, even though he showed no outwards signs of it he relived the moment over again. The cold steel passing through his flesh and bone, suddenly becoming hotter than any flame he knew. He was not working anymore today, he would come back early tomorrow and start up everything then. Once he received the payment from the other he would

He walked to the back off his shop and started putting his tools away. "I am closing up shop for today," He said as he started to put on a simple black t-shirt and grabbed a leather jacket with one sleeve tied up on the left side. He approached the two and point towards a large and extremely heavy steel door that would cover the whole entrance. "Can you two give me a hand closing this? Also if you want, I have a guest home with two bedrooms that the two of you can stay at. My only rule is usually that your weapons and whatnot are locked in my safe while you stay with me, but seeing as I already hold some things for you then I see it as not too necessary." After they closed the large door he would lock it. He never really worried about being robbed or murdered in his sleep, the guest house was a different building than his, and he kept his place locked up well and most of his valuables were kept in his shop anyway.
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Sat May 17, 2014 12:04 am

After listening to the Man’s explanation with some levels of disappointment, she turned and nodded to Kent; and as the man took a single gold piece, she slid the rest into a palm of her hand, tucking the rest back inside her cloak. She would watch the Newest Arrival with a casual glance, as one would when there wasn’t much else to look at. She watched the male walk backwards, and dress himself; putting his work tools to rest, signaling the end of a day.

She would glance at him as he went to a sturdy looking steel door; most likely what would constitute as a protection from more of the more criminal types, but personally, she believed only the daft would attempt such a feat. Regardless; she went over there with a neutral smile as she would help the blacksmith in closing the door. As she listened to him talk of a guest room; she noted the man’s generosity, a good trait for someone in her opinion.

It wasn’t like it would help on the battlefield; in fact, it could potentially kill you; but she was overthinking. The man is a blacksmith…and he looks to have some-kind of experience. Look at his arm for example. Her mind told her; and she did. At first, curiosity had finally grabbed hold; although respect of someone’s privacy kept her from voicing the question.  Regardless, she brought her mind back onto the topic of the guest room, and decided to give voice to her opinion.

“You’d let complete strangers into your home? How noble. I`ll take up that offer, but even if you decline; I will still pay you for my stay. I’m not about to lounge in someone’s home without at least paying for it.” She spoke, reaching in her cloak for 2 pieces of gold. It wasn’t as if she was blowing it; being a mercenary provided ample pay, after all, risking your neck isn’t cheap. Of course; she’d take on jobs for free, if the hires needed it.

As for her weapons, she’d keep them unless he insisted on taking them, but even then she’d keep the bone daggers; more out of caution and habit than of distrust.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sat May 17, 2014 12:35 am

Dren nodded at the timeline given by Kent. He looked up at his head, only now noticing the... lack of horns. An abnormality to be sure, but nothing to mention, in Drens opinion. He wasn't about to appear rude to the man who was working on his equipment, without which Dren lost his only means of making money, without money he would be out on the streets, or worse would turn into one of the very criminals he was paid to track down.

Internal monologue complete Dren followed the Blacksmith and his other customer from the building, adding his own shoulder to the door, assisting them in sealing off the blacksmiths shop. He didn't exactly need to worry about his weapons being taken, as he was quite skilled without them as well, though most already lay within the now sealed smithy. Dren still carried his bow however, and although it was ideal for close range he still could use it, should a scuffle break out. However the mans offer intrigued him greatly.

"Do you normally offer the use of this guest room to your paying customers? Not that I will turn down free room and board, though... I'd like to pay for any meals that may be had while staying with you kind sir. I'm not one to abuse the good nature of others, nor see that they suffer just to accomodate myself. I've lived in worse conditions than a nice home with a roof over my head, so it's the least I can do to pay you for it." Dren went on for longer than he had originally intended, though that usually happened when he spoke to people in town after long nights out in the wild hunting brigands and the like.

One thing did however catch his attention. The fact that he and this mercenary woman whose name he didn't know, which reminded him of something. "How rude of me. My name is Dren O'Thorne.." He stuck out the appropriate hand to the blacksmith.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairi Sat May 17, 2014 1:23 am

Heldain Kingdom was not normal for the hangout for the infamous thief but she hardly cared. Her most presious dagger had chipped and this supposed blacksmith was the best. Though when she arrived she noticed the man's two guest, causing her to retreat to the shadows.

A light chuckle escaped the watcher's lips, being quiet to not warn the three ahead of her. A smirk playing upon her lips as she looked over the three, noting the possible threat with the two. The young woman made a note of them before giggling, allowing them to hear her. 

At the point of her giggle she leaned against the wall "Yes how noble and revoltingly sweet. " She said looking at the three, running a hand threw her hair, thankful for the long finger-less gloves so her hidden dagger didn't show. She then walked in a stalk towards the three, before snickering at the man who's name she caught "Riffraff is such a harsh name." Her lower lip out in a pout. 

Kairi flicked her wrist, causing the dagger to slip from it's hold and into her hand. She held the end with two fingers, turning it to show it's side "I'm actually here for a reason. I head your pretty good at what you do." With that she flicked her wrist, causing the blade to enter the ground in front of the blacksmith, once again leaning on something "its custom crafted so no one else can fix it. If you possibly can, I'll make it worth your while." 

Kairi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Sat May 17, 2014 10:13 am

Kent shrugged when they said they would pay nonetheless, they wanted too and he wasn't going to deny it any further, it would only be rude. He took the extra cost and was happy to oblige them, especially after helping him with his door. Kent may be strong but with only one arm, and with the immense size and weight of the door it did quite hard sometimes, especially when it has not been oiled in while. "Dren O'Thorne, pleasure. It's just Kent for me. Where I am from we never had such use for second names. Everyone in the clan was family. What about youstranger," He turned to the firstcomer, "What's you name?" .Just as they had closed the door and locked it however, another customer and showed up and a good looking one at that. However, it was contrasted by a snarky attitude and a general rudeness about her.

She did not introduce herself but simply brought a dagger forth from a hidden place on her wrist and with a flick of her hand shot it at the ground beneath his feet. Her mannerisms were quite different from the other two but they stood in a similar root. Today was a day where Kent met a mercenary, Dren who seemed to do work similar to that of a mercenary but proud enough in his work he would distinguish a difference, and then this little thing. He gave her a quick run down and from her clothing to her weapon set up he guessed she was in a more... subtle line of work. Maybe a spy or a ranger, but a ranger would have no need for a hidden blade. She needed to stay quick and hidden from sight and thought. He did not put thief out of his mind, but he would not judge so harshly without actually knowing someone. This was just his mind going places his old warrior self went.

He picked up the dagger and brought it too his face, receiving the chip in the steel and knowing he could fix it with ease. He looked back at the woman and began to twirl the dagger masterfully in his fingers, as if he had held the thing for years, but he also clearly was not paying attention to it. "You showed up just to late, I am sorry, but for a custom blade and a simple fix I should charge you no more than one silver and a few copper. However, It will only be ready the afternoon in two days time. I am full up with work until then." He did have a furnace at his cottage that he used to practice in his off time, which he could use to fix it. Out of everything shown to him it was the simplest smithing job.

Saying what he said he put the dagger in his belt and would take what pay he could at the time from all three. Today was a well paying day for him, if he did not love what he did he would take the next few days after all this off. Maybe him and Joshua could go out for a drink, it had been quite a while. He turned back o Dren O'throne, "The way to my place is a good hours walk from here, but the guest room is worth it. Now I doubt a group of three won't be hit by the local thieves and bandits on the way there, but I'm always careful nonetheless." This was half true. Kent had been harassed by bandits and a few highwaymen in his first weeks here, but the local ones stay away from him for the most part after he challenged their leader, broke his weapon using his hammer and humiliated him in one on one combat. Even with their leader cheating.
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Sat May 17, 2014 6:52 pm

When the male known as Dren O`Thorn offered another greeting; this time with a name, Nameless was asked hers. Staying silent as she determined what to do…she eventually spoke. “I don’t like many knowing my real name; and so I refer to going without one. Mercenary; if you wish, although I identify myself as ‘Stranger’ or ‘Nameless’.” She told the duo; and as soon as she did, another joined. This one was lightly dressed at best; obviously using her feminine side to some kind of advantage. Before the girl spoke; she’d originally thought of the woman as one of the lesser Vesmorians, although that changed slightly when the girl seemed to have somewhat of a warrior in her.

Regardless; her attitude and general personality grated on the Mercenary considerably. She seemed no more than a common thug, in the Mercenary’s eyes; chock full of attitude with very little to back it up. Regardless, she kept a minor respect for the girl; coming to blows when just having met someone seemed not only ridiculous to the Mercenary, but it showed a lack of control as well. In fact…she actually felt herself becoming more amused with the girl’s attitude; rather than angry with it. It seemed the girl had some problems with life; and was trying to deal with it by puffing out her chest.

Now moderately amused, which had now shown on her face; she nodded in the girl’s general direction in greeting.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Wed May 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Dren nodded as Kent gave his name once more, and crossed his arms over his chest. Though he dug into a pocket hidden inside his vest, pulling out a coin pouch. He rifled in it and pulled out a pair of gold coins. He wasn't sure of the price for his actual repairs, having not been told the charge by Kent, but it didn't matter he handed the man the two coins, and smiled lightly. "I hope that covers everything.

As the woman Merc gave her name, or rather title she used instead of a true name Dren's eyebrows rose a fraction. He honestly didn't care if she didn't give her real name, but she was one of the first people he had met, at least recently, who preferred to keep her identity secret. He mentally shrugged, as it was none of his concern. And as if this little gathering couldn't have gotten any stranger a fourth member arrived, haughty and full of attitude. She reminded Dren of those he hunted for a living, but she amused him like Nameless, rather than irritate him.

Dren was kind of hoping she would start something, and he cocked his head to one side as she made comment to his riffraff comment from earlier. Smirking he adjusted his shoulder, his bow easily sliding into his hand. "With a mouth like that, and the fact that you just practically admitted to being a criminal, I'm sure someone would pay for you to be brought in. Not that your head in one of my contracts, not yet at least."

He patted a satchel tied to his belt, within were the various permits and contracts on the individuals he hunted. The Bounty Hunter watched as she threw a dagger at Kents feet, and chuckled lightly at the lack of reaction from anyone.This little girl was way out of her depth, and it showed. Though she made up for the fact that any one of them could take her by being arrogant, cocky and overbearing. Dren had to admit the girl had guts. Nor was she exactly unappealing to his eye.

Dren waited patiently as the blacksmith dealt with his new customer, watching as he absentmindedly twirled the dagger in his grip, expertly and seemingly without even paying attention to what he was doing. Dren admired the man, and knowing he was a Northman, well that just increased his respect for the one armed craftsman. When Kent spoke to Dren he couldn't help but chuckle. " Fear not good Blacksmith, highwaymen are my specialty. And we won't really need to worry about walking there, I take it your cottage isn't located within the city limits then?"

The Bounty Hunter wanted to know as much about the mans home as possible, that was he could get Dancer to take them all, and massively cut down on travel time. The saddle Dancer had only sit one, but the spines on his back made for excellent grips, and someone could easily ride bareback holding onto them. Dren himself had once been forced to do exactly that while running from a Freemen ambush. The large Greltz should have no issue carrying them all, and Dren would give up his saddle to one of the ladies, probably the criminal looking one, simply because he felt Nameless would be able to handle herself better without it in comparison.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kairi Wed May 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Kairi looked over to the male, who held a bow. She turned slightly to show her own then turned to the man who held her most favorite dagger. She reached behind her back, reaching into a small bag hidden on her pulling out the asked amount then nodding. She approached him and set the amount in the man's hand, looking over him as she did.

The thief offered a slight smile to the other woman there. Then turned to the obvious Bounty Hunter "sorry to disappoint you. But you won't see my name ever on those pity contracts you have. And you wouldn't get much for me."  Sure the girl was a criminal but she never did anything to die for, though that doesn't mean she hasn't made any enemies, although she's been hired for thieving. 

A sigh escaped her lips now realizing she would be two days with out her throwing knife, she shifted her weight, making the arrows clash into her chakrams that were hidden behind, shifting to the other side so they no longer touched. 

Kairi giggled "the men there are just a bunch of wusses. A big guys like you two I doubt they would even try." She said with a very flirtatious voice though looked over at the woman, realizing she knew none of their names "then again you could scare them yourself." 

Her arms stretched far over her head, careful to not hit her arrows but then looked at the three then smirked "by the way, the names Kairi. If you wanted to know Bounty Hunter." She said laughing at him, mocking his title slightly.

Kairi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Knowing the girl was a criminal, and seemingly a thief at that, he son retracted his thought of extending his hospitality to her. Even though he had little room to spare for her also. The blacksmith finished up everything, taking the money, raising his hand slightly in a gesture of good faith and listened to the interactions of the three. Seemingly the woman who initially chose to hid her face, also chose to hid her name. This perked Kents interests, but also he respected her privacy and pried no further into the woman's life. She was a customer, even if he was being kind, he was just kind to everyone.

"Yes, my cottage is outside of town. While working in town is good for business, the hustle and bustle of a city is usually too much for me when I wish to relax. I prefer solidarity in that aspect of life." He put the dagger in his belt and bowed ever so lightly at the young newcomer. "Miss Kairi, guessing by the eavesdropping you did you should know our names. However, it is time for me to take my departure, and with me, "He motioned to the other two with his singular arm, "Will come my honored guests. I would offer you a place also but I lack room enough for you." Also you seem nice enough, but criminal activity is something I must frown upon. He meant this non-offensively. However to be so blatantly criminal not only means skill and talent, but recklessness.

He began to walk down the street, heading out of town. He did not do so in a rush however, he was patient enough to allow the others to say a goodbye if they wished. "You can accompany us to if you wish however. We may be strong enough looking, but bandits prey upon cripples. No matter how tough looking."
Kent
Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Nameless watched the three exchange greetings silently; before watching Kent start on the path to his cottage. Nodding to both of them, she began to head that way as well. Dispite the lingering dislike for the thief, Nameless had to admit she was impressed. the girl had some serious guts to announce that she was, in fact, a criminal in front of two mercenaries, dispite the fact that neither of them were on a mission at the time.

She gave a soft chuckle. If this was the Ilk the city spawned; she'd have to come a lot more often.
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Dren cocked an eyebrow at the youthful thief. She didn't intimidate easily, speaking volumes of her competency, and skill. Most likely she worked with one of the larger thieves guilds, and had probably been in this line of work for the majority of her short life. The Bounty Hunter had to admit, he was slightly impressed by the displayed disregard for common sense, and blatant speech. Most people would hide their criminal activity in the presense of those who represented the law, or enforced it. However this Kairi seemed to feel untouchable, making Dren want to actually put her to the test, and take her on.

He wouldn't, however, simply because she wasn't on his list, and he had bigger fish to fry, hardened men actually worth something to someone. However, he would remember her name, since she went so out of her way to ensure that he heard it. He smirked at the young girl as she flirted openly with both himself and the blacksmith, turning to face the man and raise his eyebrows, smirking as if to say "Get a load of her." Dren shook his head slightly.

When Kent replied to the Bounty Hunters question of living out of town Dren nodded, having already figured as much, though gaining confirmation was still appreciated. He turned to look back to the younger woman, as Kent stated there was no room for her. He thought a moment and turned back to the man. "I could always give up my room to her, sleeping in my cloak in common area. Would still be better than what I'm used to."

As they began to walk towards the cottage Dren ran his hands through the arrows in his quiver, hoping that the foolish bandits in the area tried something, his battle lust having been roused slightly. He glanced over at the female merc, who had kept silent this entire time, wondering exactly how many she was good for in a fight. Not having any of his melee weapons would be a problem if they got too close, though not too much of one, since he could easily take one out with his hands and steal his weapon.

As they approached the city limits Dren placed his thumb and forefinger to his mouth, whistling sharply. Dancer would hear the call, and would answer it, and come and meet them. the Bounty Hunter flexed his hands afterwards, waiting for his friend and travelling companion.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down