Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
On the Hunt EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
On the Hunt EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
On the Hunt EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
On the Hunt EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
On the Hunt EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
On the Hunt EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
On the Hunt EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
On the Hunt EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
On the Hunt EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
On the Hunt EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

On the Hunt

2 posters

:: Sitas :: Vesmoria

Go down

On the Hunt Empty On the Hunt

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sat May 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Heavy breathing echoed down the corridor, as a cowled and hooded figure ran along the cobbled passageway, furtively looking over their shoulder constantly. Clutched in their arms was a wrapped bundle, which the figure held close to their body, knuckles white against the object. Turning a corner the figure paused, and backstepped, gasping. One hand left the object and went to it's throat, where blood poured freely. Another figure, this one wearing black leather armor and wielding a blood covered dagger, reached out and plucked the object from the dying woman, who's cowl slipped back to reveal her features. Raising the dagger again the man spoke. "No one steals from the thieves guild and lives, bitch."

From the darkness an arrow pierces the mans arm, causing him to drop the knife, crying out in surprise and pain. looking up the man searches past the woman, as another arrow flies through the air, taking the man in the center of his chest, knocking him off his feet. Footsteps echo across the stone walls, as a third figure approaches, this one the bowman. HE immediately drops down next to the woman with the slit throat, barely glancing at the man pierced through with his arrows. He tore a strip of cloth from her hood, and used it to apply pressure to the wound, holding her neck together, while he tapped into his Heartstone.

Dren had never tried anything like this before, he knew his powers could be used for healing, but he had only ever attempted to heal himself before, he wasn't sure how it would affect others. He had little choice however, since he didn't have any healing herbs on hand, nor the time needed to preform a healing ritual. He gritted his teeth, and let go off all the tension in his body, lowering his defenses, tearing down the walls enclosing his mind. This left his vulnerable to any other members of the thieves guild that might be prowling about, but he didn't have any other choice.

Keeping one hand on the cloth on her throat Dren rested the palm of his other hand on her forehead. A sudden shock of power transferred from his body to the womans, causing him to gasp, and toss his head back. His eyes flew open, the irises pure white. This lasted a moment longer, before the Bounty Hunter slumped forward over the woman, who began coughing up blood. Drens heavy breathing turned into wheezing laughter, and he leaned backwards, resting his head on the cobblestone wall. It had actually worked, and her wound was gone. He felt exhausted however, it had taken far more power than he had ever used at once before.

The woman sat up, and shakily reached for the parsel still in the dead mans grasp. Clutching it close to her breast she turns to Dren. Smiling lightly she stands. "Thank you..."

Dren waved away her thanks, slowly rising to his own feet. He stretched out his back and looked her over once. "No thanks needed, I'm just doing my job. You should probably get out of here, no telling how many more of them are crawling around here."

She nodded at the sense of his words, turning, and pulled her hood up again, running off into the night. Dren sighed, hoping she made it safely to her hideout, but business called, and he couldn't delay any longer, not even to help her. Adjusting his own hood the Bounty Hunter walked off, leaving the small town behind, finding Dancer exactly where he had left him outside town. He smiled as he approached the Greltz. "I'm back old friend, whats say you and I hit the road eh?"

With that he swung up into Dancers saddle and the pair rode off into the night, leaving no trace of their presence their, except for an arrow studded corpse.

Ieltra/Valen

Birthday : 1994-05-18

Back to top Go down

On the Hunt Empty Re: On the Hunt

Post by Cylene Sun May 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Fast footsteps echoed though the Wilds. Panting sounds was mixed with frantic searches. Though she knew she lost her pursuer. What she didn't know was a shadow moved gracefully along the trees, their eyes on the target. The cat bent down, using the shadows to cover their body. The wild animal gently clawed the ground watching an oblivious woman. The woman had no idea that the creature stalked her and waited for her to be alone before making a move. The cat was silent and patient, not giving any hint to the prey. The woman sensed something arise and turned her head but it was too late. A shrieking scream erupted throughout the woods.

However the scream was followed by a howl of pain. The cat child rubbed it's head, glaring with teary eyes at the woman, who's face was colored crimson with rage and embarrassment. A covered figure snicker causing the woman to hiss "Cylene! Could you train the kid some other way?!" The angered woman shouted. The said cat woman moved from her hiding, her eyes down casted "I apologize, he just wanted to practice in case. Please do not be angry." Cylene smiled gently and the woman nodded taking the younger child's hand in hers "I'm heading back." Without another word she dragged the resistant child away with a fee items she had gotten.

The cat like woman walked through the place she called home to head towards what she called was the real world. Her eyes gently scanned the area,  checking to see if she found anything that seemed out of sorts. 

Finally she came to the clearing, climbing a near tree to scan ahead, her cat eyes looking around. Her eyes catching a moving figure but didn't care, everything seemed fine as she dropped down and walked back but stopped and looked back, sniffing the air... Blood? She let out a small hiss but didn't do anything for she did not want to risk getting caught. She gently bit her lip and debated weither to go or not. She then pull a cloth over her head moved a little closer, making sure to stick where she wouldn't be seen. When she saw a woman escape she sighed and swiftly retreated back to her home. However did not miss the other person. Cylene stood there a moment to give a light hiss again. Something about the cloaked person made her shiver and her instincts were never wrong. Though she passed it off and turned away, but not giving the person a glare.

Once back in the shadows and comfort of the wilds she slipped the cloth from her head, mewing quietly. Her eyes perked up, freed from their clothes prison, her tail gently swishing from side to side as she walked. Cylene found a small water area and sat down, her paws in front of her, sitting like a cat would, before bending over and lapping up the water. She gently curled near the moonlight, purring. Her body was still close to the end of the wilds but just in enough that she could take off if necessary.
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sun May 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Dren smiled idly as he rode Dancer, the pair moving at a lazy pace. The sun wasn't due to rise for several hours yet, so the Lords power still held sway through the night. Dren suddenly felt a chill, and quickly turned his head to look in the direction of the forest nearby. He saw a slight figure standing before the forest, staring at him. He scowled, and watched as they walked into a known Anlicari den.

Dren grunted, and pulled on Dancer's reins. Poeple do stupid things, but Dren wasn't about to let some idiot walk into a death trap, not if he could help it. He rode Dancer closer to the copse, dropping the reins, signalling for Dancer to stop. Dismounting Dren patted the Greltz's side, walking towards the Forests edge, slinking into a hunting stance, drawing his fangs. He wasn't hunting, true, but he would rather be prepared in case he needed to fight or flee.

Dren slipped into the Wilds, and slowly made his way deeper, keeping an eye out for the fool who wandered in before him. Dren could hear the sound of running water, and approached it cautiously. He planned on covering the sound of his approach under the cover of the small stream, though he hadn't expected what he found curled up in a patch of moonlight next to the stream.

He heart lurched into his throat, and his hands clenched his daggers tighter. He quickly reseathed the blades, not wanting to be seen above the sleeping Anlicari with weapons drawn, better to be caught unarmed in this situation. Dren backstepped, realizing his own folly. This was the figure he had noticed staring at him earlier, which explained the lack of hesitation when she walked into the Wilds.

Dren shook his head lightly. The situations he got himself into. Suddenly something under his boot gives way, and he tumbles backwards. He held in any sound he might have made from the fall, but his passing disturbed several tree limbs, and broke a few sticks laying on the ground. Shit. He lay still hoping that the Anlicari girl wouldn't wake, though he thought that unlikely.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylene Sun May 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Cylene brought up her furred paw to scratch her ears, as they flattened so she could catch a little bit of sleep. Though soon her ears perked at a sound, they twitched lightly. Her pawns uncurled, her claws digging into the earth below her. 

Though a scent filled her knows, someone unknown, but she gently laid, still breathing normally so it appeared she was asleep though nothing else came so she relaxed and simply fell back asleep but an alert sleep. Though her sensitive ears caught a sound.

Within mere seconds she leaped up and stood on all ours, all claws out. She stood fully and retracted her claws and tilted her head gently. She looked at the person, she stepped closer and leaned over the person, noting the male features. 

She gently recoiled, not to make a sudden movement, except hissing a warning. Her tail swished behind her but she sighed and moved closer once more though still held a good distance "that was quite the entrance, are you alright?" She asked gently. Though anyone could easily tell she was on guard and ready to strike if need be. She gently sniffed the air to see if she could smell anything, she did sense slight smell of blood but it wasn't fresh so she left it alone.

Cylene looked around and noticed the male was alone and decided it was best to leave before his friends get there "I hope you are fine." She said as she slowly skunked further back, but not moving too far unsure of the person but definitely curious and also on guard to protect her kind if need be.
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sun May 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Dren groaned inwardly as he heard her stirring. He lifted himself onto his arms, sitting up a bit. He looked up to see the Anlicari girl looking down at him, asking if he was okay. Dren merely blinked. One, she was talking to him and not running deeper into the Wilds, and two she was asking if he was okay. Dren was confused by her seeming lack of fear of him, then his hunters instincts noticed her stance, and the edge to the way she moved. She wasn't as fearless as he had first thought.

Rising slowly to his feet Dren nodded to answer the question posed to him. He scanned the area, wondering if any other Anlicari were already laying in wait for him, or on their way right now. He swallowed, and backed away from her, a slight glint of fear in his eyes. The Bounty Hunter had broken one of his own rules, which was leaving the Anlicari in peace. Though he hadn't meant to disturb her he still had, and if anything bad happened to either her or him it would be his fault.

He noticed her looking around, as if expecting more people with him to appear. Dren caught her eye and shook his head. He was alone, as he always was. He noticed her stepping away from him, seemingly as eager to be done with this confrontation as he was. That made him relax slightly, since he didn't think she was interested in fighting. He blew out a breath, and smiled. "I gotta say, I think this might be one of the longest interaction between our peoples without someone resorting to violence."

That said, he raised his hands into clear view, not that he expected her to do the same, it wouldn't mean anything if she did, considering the claws many of her kind had. He hoped to avoid any bloodshed here, though knowing how he looked, with his bow, sword and knives, that should any more of her kind arrive, things could get very ugly, very fast.

Dren still hoped against hope that he could leave without anyone getting hurt, since this girl seemed to be rather reasonable. He shut his eyes a moment, and inhaled deeply, smelling the stale blood on his hands from the woman whose life he had saved earlier that night. He sighed, knowing full well that that wasn't a point in his favour, simply because she wouldn't know that, all she would smell would be blood.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylene Sun May 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Cylene noticed that the man was unharmed and was glad for that. Though her body gently relaxed and looked over him knowing well their races were enemies. She took one more glance around but this time to see if anymore of her kind was coming and it seemed no one was which was good.

He seemed to nod which was good, making her give him a weary smile but he looked around and she did the same with him, shaking her head to indicate she was alone as well. Though his comment made her think "I suppose your right. But I have no desire for violence no matter what you are." 

Her body went ridged as he put his hands up but calmed seeing he held no weapons in his hands but the weapons that he had scared her greatly. Though he seemed not to want to hurt her, making her bravely take a step towards him but stopped as she looked at his hands, blood.

She gulped and slowly licked her lips "but it seems someone does have that desire." She said looking from him to his hands. Even though her eyes held fear she still did not take a defensive position. Then she tilted her head to the side "your the one involved in the fight weren't you. The one with the woman." She said gently, scratching her ear with her hand. The white fur glistened from her ears, tail and paws.
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Dren noticed how she seemed to be constantly scanning the area, probably keeping an eye out for anyone, either Vesmorian or Anlicari. Should one of either arrive things would escalate beyond civil conversation very quickly. So Dren understood her concern, especially given how neither wanted conflict. Though conflict was his job he didn't attack non Vesmorians on principle. He didn't believe that his race should behave like they were better than all the rest, just because they outnumbered them.

Some of the worst things to have ever happened to the world were because of Vesmorians and their schemes. The Order was a perfect example, at least until it's newest leader rose to the top. Or those accursed Freemen. Dren's face dropped into a scowl just thinking about those lawless scum. Then his eyes widen and he looks up sheepishly at the Anlicari girl, remembering suddenly where he was. He rubbed the back of his neck, careful to keep his hand away from the hilt of his blade.

Dren froze as she noticed the blood on his hands, and made comment about someone having a desire for violence. Dren grit his teeth, knowing full well that this was going to be brought up. He inhaled deeply, and went to reply when a new curveball was thrown in, being that she brought up the woman whose life he had saved. He frowned, and tilted his head slightly. "How do you even know about that? Were you spying on the town? Its not how you think, I was saving her life.'

Dren made a helpless gesture, wondering why he was even bothering trying to explain himself, he had done nothing wrong. Sure he had killed a man, but that man was a criminal, who had killed before, and had in fact been mid attempt when Dren had shot him. He was the good guy in this, from that standpoint. He sighed, and shook his head. "Look, It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, all things considered. Its unlikely we will even see one another again, once I leave here."

He rubbed his forehead above his eyes with his thumb and forefinger, then sighed again and lowered his arms. He backed up a step, turning his body slightly to indicate his desire to leave. He didn't want to appear rude, he just didn't want to be dead, or killing someone in a few minutes time.

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylene Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 am

Cylene looked over him but froze when he scowled but it seemed it was not at her but at a being that was not here at the moment. She simply nodded and offered a smile, seeming to be slightly more comfortable although her eyes darted to his sword, tilting her head at the weapon.

When he became defensive Cylene knew he was innocent. Though she backed up when she was caught, looking away "I wasn't as spying more of scanning the area around.  I like to make sure when my kind is near here that the area is safe for them. Plus I don't always like to be cooped up." She said honestly as she continued to avoid contact. 

She didn't move her head but simply looked over with her eyes as he tried to explain himself, she opened her mouth but then closed it and sighed, supposedly she was out of bounds which was an honest mistake. 

Cylene held out a hand and her eyes were wide "I never said I didn't believe you!" She yelled in his direction but her tone was still gentle. She messed with one of her claws, while looking at him "I was simply stating you were there is all." She said turning herself as well but looked over her shoulder "if you wish to leave you can, but I meant what I said, I have no desire to hurt or kill you."
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Tue May 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Dren's brow shot up as she explained herself to him. A free spirited one, someone who didn't like to be kept cooped up in one place for too long. That was a feeling he could reciprocate, knowing exactly how that felt, having the same issue himself. As for he desire to ensure the safety of her people when near settlements of his own, again he could understand that desire. As he had already said, this was most likely one of the longest interactions between their two races without blood being shed.

He sighed lightly, and cocked his head to the side as she practically yelled at him in response to his earlier statement of it not mattering if she even believed him. Apparently she did, but she didn't need to yell it, who knows what else might hear her. Looking around anxiously Dren put a finger to his lips, his forehead furrowing into a stern frown.

As she continued in a more moderate voice the Bounty Hunter relaxed, though he snorted when she said the last bit. Essentially an Anlicari girl was telling him that she didn't mind his company. This would go into his books as one of the strangest encounters he had ever had. Sighing Dren rubbed his neck again, turning once more from the forests edge, hoping against hope that he didn't regret his decision to not leave right then and there.

He cocked an eyebrow at the Anlicari woman. "Just because you won't, and I won't, doesn't mean that everyone else will share that desire for non-violence. You know probably as well as I how our two races normally interact... and it's not nearly this civil, nor peaceful."

The Bountry Hunter shrugged, and leaned against a nearby tree, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't know what else to do, or for that matter why he had even decided to stay, since this was most likely the single most stupid thing he had done in his career of stupid decisions. Right up there with taking on the entirety of the Freemen single handedly. He looked over the cat girl once more, noting the pureness of the white fur on her limbs, and ears that perched on her head. She was the closest Anlicari he had seen to looking like an actual Vesmorian. In fact, if she wore gloves, boots and a hood, and hid her tail, she could probably pass in a busy town.

Thought amused Dren for a reason he couldn't understand, and it caused him to scowled momentarily. Shrugging again he leaned his head back, shutting his eyes. "Why exactly did you want me to stay here? This is only getting more and more dangerous for us both. I know what will happen to me if your tribe finds me here, but I can only imagine what will happen to you if they find out you were actually talking to me, and being.... for lack of a better word, nice."

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylene Tue May 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Cylene eyes were wide as she slapped her hands over her mouth when she yelled, though smiled and laughed "no one is going to hear us out here." She spoke more softly from then on. But it was true the only one that would come back would e the child boy she was with earlier but she doubted that.

She turned back to him as he did the same. The cat looked him up and down and then smiled "I'm sorry I don't quite understand. I don't see any race enemies here." She emphasizes her point by looking around "all I see are two people having a normal conversation." She said smiling brighter. Sure she knew first hand was the races did to each other but to her, that had nothing to do with her, she wanted nothing to do with it.

She moved to sit in front of him, leaning against a tree as well. Though her cheeks lightly colored as he looked her over "is there something stuck in my fur? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked turning over her hands and looking at them before tilting her head at the male across. Although she had looked him over the same way. She had never been close to a Vesmorian before, she normally avoided them.

When he mentioned her wanting him to stay she giggled slightly "Hunter, I did not force you to stay. I did not request nor deny your company. And yes
I know that they will be furious at me but I hardly care." She said with all honesty. She then looked up at the leaves on the trees "I did say you can leave if you want, but why allow others to control your actions. Speak to only those who are like you seems a bit...irrational don't you think, Hunter?" She called him hunter for two reasons, she did not know his name and two because he looked like a Hunter.

She then looked at him more "I won't stop you if you want to go. I couldn't even if I wanted to. So it's up to you weather or not you stay or go."
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Thu May 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Dren was glad when she understood the severity of her yelling, if they were found out... Though she seemed to dismiss the idea as completely out of hand entirely. He arched an eyebrow at the naive girl, but didn't comment. The Bounty Hunter knew better than most the dangers of assumptions and ignorance, after all his home village assumed that they were safe, and that the war would never spread to them.

Dren once again raised an eyebrow as she looked him over, resisting the urge to comment. Though the words she spoke nearly completely put him at ease, if not for the fact that the possibility of one of her people happening upon them was still quite high. Dren really shouldn't have even been there as long as he had been, and each passing second just made him all the more foolish and idiotic.

Dren smirked as she commented on how he checked her over, then shrugged. To be fair, she had just done the same thing to him, and so as such it was completely fair for him to do the same to her. And intended to say as much. "No, nothing stuck in your fur, I was just returning the favour. You just did the same thing to me."

Of course unlike the Anlicari girl Dren's face didn't redden from the examination from the other, nor did he notice or comment on how hers did. He simply stayed in his position, leaning on the tree, arms folded across his chest. He watched her check out her paws, turning them over to make sure there was absolutely nothing caught in her fur. Even if there had been Dren wouldn't have noticed it, thats not what he had been looking for.

Dren had to admit, that every word she spoke was true, never once did she actually ask him to stay, and he now felt like and ass for falling into the trap of assumption, having not a few seconds prior condemned those who assumed too freely. Feeling slightly like a hypocrite Dren smiled lightly. "Dren, my name is Dren, Hunter is my profession. And you're absolutely right, people should talk to those who are different to themselves, they might expand their opinions and views on the world."

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylene Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm

It was very true that Cylene was naive but she also knew the dangers and hardships the two races faced with one another. It was clear the races still held tension, although that was an understatement. This thought greatly upset her but there wasn't anything she could do. It was way out of her hands.

Cylene's face flushed as she awkwardly laughed "I suppose so. How stupid of me." She did realized that there was some other possibilities or reasons that he looked at her. Which meant she got flustered over nothing. Which this made her shrug and laugh once more but this time a genuine laugh.

Cylene was very surprised he gave her his name, proving that the two races could be civil. She nodded and smiled more "my name is Cy-" She stopped for a voice spoke over her "Cylene?!" Her eyes were wide as she looked back, knowing that was the voice of her fellow tribesmen. 

Her head snapped to Dren, rushing towards him. She placed her hands on his chest and gently pushed, hoping to push him backward "go.." She grabbed his hood, throwing it over him just in time as a woman appeared from the bushed. When her eyes landed on Cylene, Cylene was away from Dren and watching her carefully.

The woman hunched "a Vesmorian?!" She hissed as she quickly advanced, claws drawn. Cylene quickly stepped in front and pushed the woman carefully back "please... the last thing we need is their blood on our soil." The woman sighed and agreed, grabbing the younger girl's wrist "come Cylene dont even breathe the same air as that THING." She said dragging the cat away. Cylene turned her head and mouthed an apology before leaving with the woman.

[Exits Topic]
Cylene
Cylene

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieltra/Valen Fri May 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Dren's hunters instincts took over as he heard another Anlicari approach, and he dropped into a crouch, fimly planting his feet on the ground, watching her from beneath the edge of his hood, hand reaching around him towards the hilt of one of his daggers. Though he didn't draw it, As Cylene stepped between him and the other Anlicari woman.

As she told him to leave Dren began to back out of the woods, eyes still glued to the Anlicari, hand still hovering over his dagger. Dren turns once he's clear of the trees and bolts it to Dancer, leaping into the saddle, turning to look once more at the woods. "Maybe we'll meet again one day Cylene, until then, take care of your self."

With that Dren rode off.

[exit]

Ieltra/Valen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Sitas :: Vesmoria

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum